Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or ADHD, is a mental health disorder that causes above-normal levels of hyperactive and impulsive behaviors among individuals. This makes it difficult for them to focus their attention on a single task or sitting still for long periods.
Know that both adults and children can have ADHD. The common symptoms of people with ADHD include:
- Difficulty in focusing or concentrating on tasks
- Forgetting to complete tasks
- Getting easily distracted
- Having trouble sitting still
- Interrupting people when they’re taking
There are also different types of ADHD, which include:
- Predominantly Inattentive Presentation
- Predominantly Hyperactive-Impulsive Presentation
- Combined Presentation
Here’s a myth that people most commonly perceive those with ADHD: People with ADHD are lazy.
This is not true. A provider of behavioral health in College Park, Maryland will tell you that people with ADHD just need more structure and reminders to get things done. They simply need support and help to have them overcome their condition.
Do you know anyone with ADHD struggling with his or her condition? Our professionals at Nimel Mental Health LLC can help you. We offer a wide range of mental and behavioral health services in Maryland, including psychotherapy.